Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Our van

Tomorrow we take the van back to the place we bought it so we can sell it. I'm going to drive it one last time and then we will never see it again. I cleaned it really good this week and shed quite a few tears doing it. 
 I'm getting used to our new car, but I will miss all the space in the van and the little girl who always was sitting right behind me wherever we went.One more piece of Amy that we will be saying goodbye to. She loved that van. She loved going places and being able to see out the windows. Her last trip in the van was home from the hospital only a few miles away. We didn't want her to come home in the ambulance. I'll never forget how she looked around at the spring fields and mountains and all of the emerging beauty and in my heart knowing that she was dying. 
"Oh, God, sometimes it hurts so much to have her gone. Fill my soul tonight with peace and help me sleep. Help the tears to stop and comfort me. I know you are the God of all comfort and that you are bottling these tears that are running down my face. Hold me right now like you are holding Amy.  Tell her Mommy misses her so much."


Amy in her van.

Our new "used" car and Amy's van. One last picture.

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    I was just listening this awesome song by Chris Tomlin when I "happened" upon your latest blog post. I hope and pray that these words can bring comfort, strength and encouragement to your soul. Rest assured that Amy is in the presence of the Lord and all of the treasures of this fallen, sinful world could not hold a candle to the peace, painless, fearless, joyful eternal life she is just beginning to enjoy right now and waiting for you to join her! Here are the lyrics to the song:

    You hear me when I call
    You are my morning song Though darkness fills the night It cannot hide the light
    Whom shall I fear?

    Verse 2:
    You crush the enemy Underneath my feet
    You are my Sword and Shield Though troubles linger still
    Whom shall I fear?

    Chorus:
    I know Who goes before me I know Who stands behind
    The God of angel armies Is always by my side
    The One who reigns forever He is a Friend of mine The God of angel armies Is always by my side

    Verse 3:
    My strength is in Your name For You alone can save You will deliver me
    Yours is the victory
    Whom shall I fear? Whom shall I fear?

    Bridge:
    And nothing formed against me shall stand You hold the whole world in your hands
    I'm holding onto Your promises You are faithful You are faithful
    And nothing formed against me shall stand You hold the whole world in your hands I'm holding onto Your promises You are faithful You are faithful You are faithful

    Chorus:
    I know Who goes before me
    I know Who stands behind
    The God of angel armies Is always by my side
    The One who reigns forever He is a Friend of mine The God of angel armies Is always by my side

    Outro:
    The God of angel armies is always by my side


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Sometimes I imagine those angel armies all around me and I am encouraged.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, Matt, praying for the God of the angel armies to stand by Cheryl's side today.

    ReplyDelete