Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Amy's bed

I laughed today. A real laugh of delight. I was outside watering the flowers and our dog wanted a drink and a refreshing spray-down. She drinks from the hose and then I shower her with the cool water. She then proceeded to shake it all over me! I laughed! It felt good and I realized that it had been a long time since I really laughed over something real. Not a movie or video, but real life. I smiled for a while after that, just because of our silly dog.

Then we drained Amy's waterbed. It was very easy to do and actually drained pretty fast. It was not easy emotionally. We won't be putting it upstairs, because of the weight and the inconsistency of heating it for just a guest room.  I knew it would be hard, but the thought of never being able to slip into the bed and rock back and forth gently on the water and pretend that she is beside me really hurts. Hurts like you can't believe. 

But I must move on with life. 

I know that I am not alone or forgotten. Jesus is with me each step of this process called grief.
He will turn my sorrow into joy. 

And I know that it will come in quiet sweet times, like the dog spraying me with water!
Thank you Lord.

Tipps in her younger years.

No comments:

Post a Comment