Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today we were 2000 miles away, attending the wedding of our son. 
Amy loved that trip! 
I had made her a special dress. The dress, that less than three years later she was buried in.  
I made a special vest of the same material as her dress to cover up the black vest that was used to hold her up straight in her wheel chair. I also made a blue cover for her right elbow splint because she would chew on that hand. 

That vest cover and the splint cover have been thrown away. The arm splints and wheel chairs have been given away to those who could use them.

Amy no longer needs any help to sit up right. She can walk and run. She can sing praises to God and does not shed tears like I am doing right now.

Oh dear God why can't I be happy for her? Why am I in so much pain? I know she is with you and happy. Will I ever be able to move on? I can't wait to see her again. To be with her in heaven. 
I don't sorrow as one who has no hope. 
But I do sorrow. 




Come quickly, Lord Jesus. Take us all home to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment