Saturday, April 19, 2014

Amy's Song

     On the anniversary of Amy's funeral, April 13th, my sister and my niece posted this picture on facebook.  My niece added this message:
"Words can't express how much this picture means to me. Its one of those rare opportunities when everyone I love so dearly were gathered in one spot. Although I wish it was under different circumstances, this is one of my favorite pictures of my whole life."

 My sweet parents are in the middle, my two sisters with their families to my left, my own family to my right and my dear sister-in-law (who has always been like my own sister) is to my far right. I've got my eyes closed and a small smile on my face.  The last time we were all together was almost 10 years before for my parents 50th anniversary.  Three more children had joined the family, and now one was missing. 


 One was missing.......my precious Amy. 

 Even though we are all together, I will never frame this picture or display it. I see smiles, but I only feel sorrow. Isn't it strange how the outside of the face doesn't always show what is in the heart?

A few days ago my sister posted Chris Tomlin's "I Will Rise." 
Even though most refer to "Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone", as Amy's song, in my heart "I Will Rise" is truly Amy's song. This is the one she wanted to sing, that came from her heart. I wrote about this on July 27, 2013.
http://thisisamystory.blogspot.com/2013/07/i-will-rise.html

As I was listening to it one more time, I seemed to hear it anew. Amy doesn't have any sorrow or pain anymore. She is hearing the angels sing, "Worthy is the Lamb," 
She is singing..........
How can I be sad? 
My Amy is singing! 
She doesn't have anymore pain! 
She is happy! 
 

I have reason to rejoice this Easter!



To listen to Chris Tomlin sing this song, click on the link below.
I Will Rise
And here are the words.

"I Will Rise"

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise


Happy Easter to all who all reading these words. I truly hope you can say, as my Amy did, that when your time on this earth ends, you will hear Jesus call and you will rise and worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment