Friday, April 11, 2014

I am always on God's mind.

Our family went to the cemetery on the anniversary of the day Amy died. Bill and I, Tess and her new husband,  Emily, and James and his wife, Laura. Tess was in charge of getting some helium balloons for us all to release. She brought 8. One for each of us and one for the baby that Laura is expecting. This little baby will never know his/her Aunt Amy, but only by pictures, stories we tell, and the "things" Amy has left behind.  Here is what Amy's grave looked like on the 8th.

 





 The crocus bulbs we mass planted on her grave before we put the grass seed on are coming up and blooming. In a few more days it should be covered with blooms.


We all sang a verse of "Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone" and then let our balloons go. It was windy, but the wind had stopped for just a moment and the balloons went almost straight up so very high, almost as if they were flying straight up to heaven.












































Last year I posted this on my facebook page on this very day. 

April 11, 2013

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I can still say and believe those words today. I am learning to live without Amy. I will always have a hole in my heart and life but I must go on and learn to live the life God wants me to live. I know He loves me and is always with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment