Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas 2015

 We celebrated Christmas with the kids and grandkids on the 17th as James, Laura and Will are spending Christmas with Laura's family in Montana and Bill and I are spending Christmas in Iowa with my Mama and sisters. 
We had a good day. There were tears of course, because I cry a lot. But there was laughter and smiles, too. How can one not enjoy the antics of an 8 month old and a 15 month old! 
This was taken at our church a few weeks ago.

Just having the family together is the best gift of all. I don't need anything else! But of course my family likes to give presents to each other. 
Of all the  presents I received, the picture below was the most special to me. I never went out to Daddy's wood shop when I was home but my husband did. He saw this picture displayed above Daddy's desk. Somehow he was able to smuggle it home without me knowing it. I opened this gift,  read it, and burst into tears. When I read this to Daddy 11 years ago, I had no idea how special those words would be in the future to me. Daddy held my hand for many years as he helped me grow and I was able to clasp Daddy's hand when his life's work was complete. Because of the promise of Christ, our Heavenly Father, I will be able to clasp his hand again when my life's work is done here on this earth. No one knows how many years that will be, or even if it is months or days. My life and death is in God's hands.



My Daddy and Amy are having their first Christmas in heaven together. We will miss them here on earth, but cherish the memories we have of them. Emily found this picture of the two of them and this also is one of my treasures.


Many people read my blog in other parts of the world that I have never made an acquaintance with. I would like to thank you for taking an interest in my life and in Amy's story and how she has influenced so many people with her short life. I pray that you will be able to meet Amy in heaven some day. 

Merry Christmas from Amy's family to you and yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment